THIS IS NOT A SET OF RULES BUT A SET OF GUIDELINES OF HOW TO BUILD YOUR CAR. IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY DO SOMETHING THEN YOU CANT.
General Driver Rules & Expectations:
1. ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR YOU WILL NOT RUN.
2. Driver must wear a seat belt, helmet, fire suit jacket, and pants must be worn while driving.
3. All Drivers must attend the drivers meeting.
4. You are given 1 minute to make an aggressive hit
5. You must run a roof sign. It may not be used to strengthen the car in any way.
6. Cars will be re-inspected before any money is paid out. There is a $150.00 protest fee, and you must be a driver in the main event to protest another car or team’s car. Driver must have cash in hand directly after the feature in order to protest. If the car is found to be illegal it will be disqualified.
Car Building Rules:
DO NOT paint anywhere on suspension or frame, if you do we will not even inspect your car.
1. May be any car, van or SUV (UP TO 112.9’ WHEELBASE) with a V4 or V6 engine and must be the original engine for that car. No modifications or carb conversions of any kind.
2. Remove all glass, mirrors, plastic, outside body chrome & turn signals. Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris. Also, must remove ALL carpet, dash, headliner, rear seats, and any other flammable materials.
3. ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming or folding. Notching the frame is allowed, but cannot pre-bend
4. Hoods must be 100% in stock location and open for inspection. Must have a minimum 12” opening on hood in case of a fire.
5. Hoods may be fastened in 4 places. 2 places with the core support all thread and 2 places with 2 strands of #9 wire. Trunks may be fastened in 4 places with 2 strands of #9 wire only, no all thread. You may weld doors 6 inches total on each vertical seam only 2”x1/8” Strap. Drivers door may be welded 12 inches total on vertical seams only 2” x 1/8” strap. Do not weld hood or trunk!
6. Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. No body bolt changing allowed. DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM!!! Exception: You may replace two front body mounts with two 5/8" threaded rod with eight 3-inch washers and 4 nuts, Bottom nut and washer must be inside frame and may extend through hood. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod.
7. #9 wire or chain required in front windshield.
8. Battery must be relocated to the interior of the vehicle and properly secured and covered.
9. Gas tanks MUST be moved behind the seat in the center. If fuel tank is in front of rear axel you may leave it under the car. It is recommended that you remove tank but not required.
10. 4-point square cage only 60” max in length with one 2x3 down tube to sheet metal only per side. Max 60-inch side bars 6-inch max. Halo bar is recommended and may be attached to the back-seat bar and floor sheet metal. No gas tank protector.
11. Mandatory: Drivers door must be padded and have a bar or plate on driver’s door that is at least 3/16-inch-thick but no more than ONE inch thick- on the inside, outside or both for safety. Plate or Bar must cover the door, not less than 6 inches and not more than 10 inches past each front and rear seam.
12. Must use factory pedals, brakes and steering wheel. • You are allowed an aftermarket shifter; it may not be mounted in any way that strengthens the car. Everything else must be factory for the year, make and model of the car you are running.
13. You may weld any stock factory car bumper and you may weld the stock bumper bracket for the car or the bumper to the frame 4 inches from the back of the bumper, single pass only. In addition, you may weld (4) one-inch welds on the back side of the bumper. All bumper material longer than 4” back must be removed.
• Shocks may be collapsed and welded. All shocks and brackets in stock location only and extended one inch in front of frame. Again, all bumper brackets and shocks must be in stock location.
• Or you may shorten to one inch in front of the core support space and hard nose with no shocks or brackets on car
• Or you may chain, one piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper.
15. Any tires are fine, including solid rear forklift tires. You may weld in full centers but no other bracing or supports allowed on the wheels.
Only welding allowed is doors, bumper & cage.
Call if you have questions, simple build. Don’t try to read into the rules, you simply will not run. This is a quick easy build.
Jacob Wood (573)375-1717 Joshua Wood (573)375-0148